We deliver our highly regarded evidenced-based Exercise Instructor for the Older Adult and Falls Prevention courses live online! The innovative courses consist of a mixture of live sessions and self-directed online modules. We have updated the course content and are excited to enable you to complete our course from the comfort of your workplace or home! See below for a sneak peek of some of the online modules for the Exercise Instructor and Falls Prevention courses!
How does it work?
The innovative new courses are a mixture of interactive e-learning modules and live zoom group sessions. We send the participant an email with their login information. On the course day, they login to zoom for the live and interactive practical sessions. And when prompted, they login to the interactive e-learning platform - so they click on and work through engaging images and content at their own pace online. We then come back together for further live interactive practical zoom sessions.
Participants will require a laptop or tablet (not a phone) and a good, stable internet connection to complete our courses. They will also need a quiet place to work from for the duration of the course, which can be from work or home!
For information on upcoming courses click here!
Feedback from online Exercise Instructor for the Older Adult courses participants:
- 'Completing the course has given me the tools I need to confidently put together exercise sessions which are appropriate to the needs of the residents in our care'.
- 'The course was delivered in such a way that it gave me a greater understanding of the specific requirements our residents have. From utilising the skills, I learned I can expand on the variety of exercise options available to the residents'.
- 'The course is practical and thorough yet communicated in such a way that simplifies the objectives of each exercise. I would highly recommend this course to other health care workers'.
- 'I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I also prefer zoom as you do not have to travel out of your comfort zone. I feel very confident that what I have learned today is transferable and I am confident to use it in my day to day work'.
- 'Found the course very good – informative, easy to navigate from Zoom to e-learning and relaxed environment for everyone. Would highly recommend to others to complete'.
- 'Tricia was very clear with her instructions and built up my confidence to try teaching a class'.