Dublin - Part/full time Vacancy
This is an exciting opportunity to work with our team who have all specialised in working with older adults to deliver best practice multidisciplinary care. The role would be ideal for an Athletic, Exercise or Physical therapist with a clinical interest in working with Older Adults. This position will be based predominantly in Dublin.
Fit For Life are a well established multi-disciplined team of Physiotherapists, Exercise and Rehabilitation Therapists, Athletic and Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists that have been delivering direct healthcare and training services to older adults since 2001.
The role mainly consists of group exercise sessions, group falls prevention classes and musculoskeletal based individual training for Older Adults. Full initial induction training, shadowing and in house in services and company training days will be provided. Additional external CPD opportunities will be given to the successful candidate. An interest in research and development and previous experience of working in long term residential care in any capacity would be very beneficial.
A brief overview of the main responsibilities of the role includes:
• Delivery of group exercise and falls classes.
• Individual clinical exercise prescription.
• To be able to structure, promote and enhance current services and communication pathways with team members, services users and their families.
• Be accountable for standards of practice in the service area.
• Optimize the use of available resources to achieve effective outcomes.
• Support activities/strategies that contribute to the improved effectiveness of the service and company
• We are currently involved in research projects related to older adults so experience in research with the older adult population and evidence of continued professional development in this area would be of great benefit.
All candidates must:
• Must have their own vehicle and full driving licence
• Must have recent and long term references.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
• Due to the nature of this role fluent English is required.
• All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.
Salary & Benefits
• Salary will be based on skillset and experience and will be competitive with current rates with additional performance incentives also open to negotiation.
• Travel expenses and company work phone will be provided.
• CPD opportunities available.
• The position is an initial company standard six-month probationary contract with a view to a long term permanent position.
• Flexible working hours
• Work from home opportunities
Qualified exercise or physical therapist or certified athletic therapist. Older adult experience.
Job type: Part-time hours: 20 + hours per week-up to full time (potentially).
To apply, please send your CV to Roisin at email@example.com or call 01-2137915 to find out more and discuss your suitability for this exciting role!