Exercise & Physical Activity for the Older Adult Training Courses
Our evidence-based exercise and physical activity courses have been developed through years of experience to enable attendees to upskill to deliver fun and effective group exercise and physical activity classes. Whether you are a practicing Therapist, Nurse, Activities Coordinator or Health Care Assistant, we have a course tailored to you! Please see below for individual course content.
* These courses are not currently available in-person due to Covid restrictions, though we hope to have them up and running by early 2022!
Feedback from live online 2020 courses participants:
- 'Completing the course has given me the tools I need to confidently put together exercise sessions which are appropriate to the needs of the residents in our care'.
- 'The course was delivered in such a way that it gave me a greater understanding of the specific requirements our residents have. From utilising the skills, I learned I can expand on the variety of exercise options available to the residents'.
- 'The course is practical and thorough yet communicated in such a way that simplifies the objectives of each exercise. I would highly recommend this course to other health care workers'.
- 'I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I also prefer zoom as you do not have to travel out of your comfort zone. I feel very confident that what I have learned today is transferable and I am confident to use it in my day to day work'.
- 'Found the course very good – informative, easy to navigate from Zoom to e-learning and relaxed environment for everyone. Would highly recommend to others to complete'.
- 'Tricia was very clear with her instructions and built up my confidence to try teaching a class'.
For more information please click below or call (01) 213 7915 to speak to one of our senior managers.